Friday, July 10, 2015
8:20 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Hey y'all! I just wanted to give you a little more information about the reading campaign I am doing for teens. Throughout this month, I will be hosting several giveaways (mostly for teens but some for teachers and educators). I will also be doing a Twitter Party where even more prizes will be given out! I've nailed down a date yet (I'm going on vacation next week so it will probably be later in the month). As soon as I have a date, I will create a new post and graphic that I would love for y'all to share! Go ahead and start following my twitter account for the Teens Read Too campaign, it's @TeensReadToo and use the hashtag #TeensReadToo to share book recs! There may be some Twitter giveaways prior to the Twitter Party!
This is a project that I am super excited about because it always amazes me how many teens aren't reading. I am a firm believer that everyone is readers, some just haven't found the right book yet, which is what I am trying to do with this project.
I hope you all can support me and throw some teens my way! More details are below or they can also be found on the Teens Read Too tab at the top of the page!
Teens Read Too is an online reading campaign for Teens. The primary goal will be encourage teens to read. The secondary goals will be to educator teachers and parents on the importance of YA literature and to encourage teen readers to share their love of books with non-readers. The campaign will use blogger, twitter, infographics, giveaways, and bookmarks.
- Middle and High School English Teachers
- Parents of Teens
- · To encourage teen non-readers to read
- · To encourage teen readers to share their love for books
- · To provide teens with book recommendations
- · To connect teen readers with other readers/teen readers
- · To educate teachers on the importance of Young Adult Literature and to view YA literature as a “gateway to reading”.
- · To encourage teachers to allow teens to choose some of the books that the read in class and for assignments.
- · To provide parents with tools to encourage teen reading
How you can HELP!
Tweet book recs using hashtag #TeensReadToo
Tell others about the campaign
Share the giveaways & posts -- Click one of the buttons at the bottom of this post to share!!
Encourage others to READ
- Teens Read Too Twitter Party
- Top Ten Tuesday (102)
- Review: Lady Thief
- What to Read Next: YA Fantasy Edition (1)
- Top Ten Tuesday (101)
- Review: Time After Time
- Teens Read Too Giveaway #1
- Top Ten Tuesday (100)
- Review: The Orphan Queen
- Teens Read Too!
- Jesse's Girl Blog Tour: Review and Giveaway
- Top Ten Tuesday (99)
- Review: The Start of Me and You
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2014 (172)
- ► 2013 (223)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.