Saturday, February 21, 2015
8:00 AM | Posted by Emily Alfano |
The 2015 Love-A-Thon is hosted by Alexa from Alexa Loves Books!
Today we're kicking off the 2015 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon with a questionnaire post! Here are the questions and my answers for it!
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
7. Best blogging experience so far?
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
1. My name’s Emily!
2. I am blogging from Wisconsin!
3. I’ve always been an avid reader, and I go to school for English. For a while now I’ve wanted to get into book blogging, and noticed Ashley was looking for a co-blogger. After contacting her about the position, she let me join her here at Wholly-Books!
4. So this is an exciting question because Ashley actually just answered it yesterday in a post! If you hadn’t noticed, Wholly-Books just received a makeover! We are really excited about it and Ashley has been hard at work getting this new design ready! In her post she explained how she came up with the name for the blog. It stems from the phrase “Holy Cow!” and she did a play on words to get “Wholly-Books!” She wanted the idea to be that the site is wholly about books and it has that shocking factor of holy cow!
5. We read and review a lot of YA on Wholly-Books because it is our favorite! From time to time we do middle grade, new adult, and adult as well.
6. Apart from reviews we do author interviews, TTT (Top Ten Tuesday), Waiting on Wednesday, film adaptations/reviews, book blog tours, and more!
7. My favorite blogging experience so far has been author interviews. I’m made some really good friendships with authors through this, and to this day I still keep in good contact with a few of them! Getting to ask an author questions about a book of theirs you really loved is such a fun and rewarding experience!
8. My absolute favorite thing about the book blogging community is the people involved in it. Truly, there is nothing better than our community of book nerds! Everyone is super supportive of each other and always checking out everyone else’s blog work and activities. Whether it’s helping promote someone else’s blog or just letting them know you really liked the work they’ve done, that’s one of the best things you can do for a book blogger, and everyone’s fantastic at this! I can’t tell you how many friends I’ve made since starting to write for Wholly-Books!
9. The 5 books I’m most excited for in 2015 is “A Court of Thorns and Roses” by Sara J. Maas, “Heartless” by Marissa Meyer, “Lady Midnight (the Dark Artifices #1)” by Cassandra Clare, “P.S. I Still Love You” by Jenny Han, and “Winter” by Marissa Meyer.
10. The “Inkheart” series by Cornelia Funke! Not enough people know about this!
11. THIS IS SO HARD! I have a million of them! Since I’m currently reading the Throne of Glass series by Sara J Maas though, I’m kind of in love with Chaol!
12. I also enjoy photography, writing, dancing, baking, and DIY!
13. I also love shopping for makeup and clothes!
14. Another hard question, because other than books I also have a passion for music! My room is filled to the brim with books and cds, so choosing just one song to be theeee song is so hard! Maybe “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyonce? It’s not my all time favorite song, but you can bet if it comes on at a party I’ll be the first one on the dance floor!
15. Once again, I return to the world of A Throne of Glass by Sara J. Maas. I would REALLY love to see this get a film adaptation for the books!
- My Best Everything Blog Tour: Review and Giveaway
- Top Ten Tuesday (80)
- Review: City of A Thousand Dolls
- 2015 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon: Questionnaire Post
- New Blog Design
- Review: Let's Get Lost & Author Interview
- Top Ten Tuesday (79)
- Review: Tiger Lily
- Waiting on Wednesday (58)
- Top Ten Tuesday (78)
- Review: Stray
- Waiting on Wednesday (57)
- Top Ten Tuesday (77)
- Review: The Distance Between Lost and Found
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2014 (172)
- ► 2013 (223)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.