Tuesday, December 30, 2014
12:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2015
- I want to make a 2015 Goodreads Reading Challenge, and stick to it. Last year I made a Goodreads account halfway through the year, and never got around to updating all my books, so I am nowhere near my goal. This year though, I’m thinking of setting my challenge to 75 books. I know most bloggers have challenges of 100 books or more, but with being in school full time, that just won’t be realistic for me.
- I’m going to pick back up a weekly workout routine. I’m usually pretty good about having one, until around halfway through each semester, when I tend to get overwhelmed with schoolwork. My goal for 2015 is to make it to the gym at least 3 times a week.
- One of my other hobbies besides reading, is scrapbooking. I LOVE taking pictures of my family and friends when we hang out, and I love going back to look at these pictures later on. I know it’s a lot of work when you could just look on your computer at all your photos, but there’s something about printed photos in an album that you just can’t beat. It’s kind of like reading the actual book as opposed to the electronic version. For me, the hardcopy is always better. In 2015 I want to set a day aside each month to work on my scrapbooking, even if it’s for a few hours.
- For 2015 I want to make Dean’s List again for college during at least one of my semesters.
- As well as Dean’s List, I want to be inducted into SigmaTau Delta, my school’s form of English Honors Society.
- In 2015 I want to read some classics. I’m making it a goal of mine for 2015, because it is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. In particular, I really want to read some books by Jane Austen and Oscar Wilde.
- One of my personal resolutions is to be more positive. I find when I talk more positively, and choose to focus on the good instead of the bad, I am happier and more optimistic. It’s such a great mood booster as well!
- I’ve been thinking hard on a few weekly post ideas, and for 2015 I would really love to come up with a new weekly blog post!
- I want to bake and cook more in 2015. I know my close friends and family are probably laughing reading this, because they think I already do a ton of this, but during the school semester I really fell behind in trying new recipes and working on my baking skills! In 2015 I want to make a resolution to take a few baking classes for cake decorating, as well as try new recipes. I’m currently on the hunt for the PERFECT gingerbread man recipe, so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
- Last but not least, I want to make more time for God. Whether it’s through prayer, going to church on Sundays, or just stopping in for more activities like Bible class, I want to improve my relationship with God. I owe everything to him, and as a devote Christian, I want to make sure in 2015 I spend more time focusing on some of the important things in life, like my faith.
- ► 2015 (168)
- Review: Beastly
- Top Ten Tuesday (74)
- Top Ten Tuesday (73)
- Cover Reveal: The Way of the Wombat: The Quest for...
- Review: I Was Here
- Winter Falls Blog Tour: Review and Giveaway
- Top Ten Tuesday (72)
- Transcendent Blog Tour: Review and Giveaway
- Review: Last Will and Testament & Author Interview...
- Best of 2014 Giveaway Hop
- Author Interview: Kristy Centeno
- Book Blast: Last Will and Testament
- Top Ten Tuesday (71)
- 25 Days of Book Boyfriends: Warner
- Audio Review: We Were Liars
- Review: Sanctum
- Top Ten Tuesday (70)
- ▼ December (17)
- ► 2013 (223)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.