Tuesday, July 8, 2014
10:49 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
My Blogging Confessions
1. I am horrible about commenting on other blogs. I do try to read several blogs regularly and I do visit other posts that seem interesting that I follow or subscribe to but I rarely comment. I keep trying to get better at it but just can’t seem to.
2. I am socially awkward. I’m not talking about IRL but on social media. I want to talk to people on twitter and facebook but a lot of times I don’t because I’m scared they won’t reply. Also, I rarely have anything interesting to post. I see all of these interesting tweets by other people but I can’t seem to get the hang of it.
3. I don’t request many ARCs. Seriously, I think I have requested four physical ARCs this year and two of them I requested just yesterday and the other two were books by the same author. I have found when I have a lot of books that I feel like I have to read it makes me not want to read at all. I’m trying to get over but it’s a slow process. I do get some ARCs through blog tours, conferences, giveaways or netgalley but I don’t request many from the publisher.
4. I am terrible about answering emails. I read all of them and most of the time I fully intend to reply but usually I am on my phone when I read them and I hate my phone because it acts stupid whenever I try to type (or do anything on it for that matter) then I forget about it. I feel really bad about it.
5. The number of books I listen to has surpassed the number of books I actually read these days. I have cut way back on my reading and amped up the number of audiobooks I listen to. I love audiobooks because I can do that while I am doing other things (usually driving or chores around the house).
6. Sometimes, I am a lazy blogger. There are a lot of days that I just don’t feel like putting forth the effort to create a post. I wanted to have a post everyday and stressed out when I didn’t but finally decided that I didn’t need to. I finally realized that if I don’t feeling like posting something then I don’t have to. As long as I post what I have committed to posting then I am fine.
7. I am amazed at how much time a lot of bloggers spend on their blogs. I look at certain blogs and how many posts they do and am completely amazed. I have no idea where they get the time and energy to do all of it.
8. I don’t have a calendar. I know a lot of bloggers use a calendar to keep up with what they need to post and when but I don’t. I tried to for a while but I never could get the hang of it so I stopped.
9. I am rarely have posts scheduled more than a day or two in advance. I have heard certain bloggers say that they have a month of posts scheduled but that’s not me. I am so jealous of those bloggers!!
10. I have thought about quitting. There have been several times where I thought about quitting. In the end I just loved reading and sharing my love for books too much to actually quit.
There are my confessions!! What are some of yours?
Labels:Top Ten Tuesday
- ► 2015 (168)
- Audio Review: The Treatment
- Top Ten Tuesday (58)
- Review: The Half Life of Molly Pierce
- Review: The Things You Kiss Goodbye
- Chapter Excerpt: Faded by Chloe Miles
- Lover, Divine Blog Tour: Spotlight & Giveaway
- Earthquake Blog Tour: Ten Even More Random Things ...
- Top Ten Tuesday (57)
- Audio Review: Ruin and Rising
- July Kindle Fire Giveaway
- When Books Help You Through Difficult Times...
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2013 (223)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.