Thursday, May 8, 2014
12:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
I loved, LOVED the covers to the first two books which made this cover change so much more disappointed. I just don't understand why they felt a change was needed. Covers with sexy guys on the front or plain scenic background. Doesn't really seem like a choice to me! To me, it seems like they may have tried to make them look a little more like her adult book covers rather than YA covers. Maybe they wanted to appeal more to adult readers? Of course, I am technically (as much as I hate to admit it) an adult reader.
I also learned that they redid the covers for the first two as well.
Here are the ORIGINAL covers...
And here are the new ones...
What do you think? Am I justified or do you prefer the new covers? Have you ever been unhappy with a cover redesign? Do you like all of your books to match?
Labels:That Awkward Thursday
- ► 2015 (168)
- Armchair BEA: YA Literature (Day 5)
- Armchair BEA: Giveaway (Day 4)
- Armchair BEA: Author Interaction & More Than Just ...
- Armchair BEA: Introductions (Day One)
- Free to Fall Blog Tour: What's in my Purse and Rev...
- Black Bear Lake Blog Tour: Spotlight and Excerpt
- Audio Review: Maybe Someday
- RT Teen Day Wrap-Up and Giveaway
- Book Blast: The Art of Lainey
- Review: The Rules for Breaking
- That Awkward Thursday (23) Emotional Overload
- Waiting on Wednesday (47)
- Audio Review: The Lost Prince
- That Awkward Thursday (22) Mid-Series Cover Change...
- Cover Reveal: Empower: Fight Like a Girl
- Review: The Tyrant's Daughter
- Audio Review: Panic
- Cover Reveal: Whatever it Takes
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2013 (223)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.