Tuesday, May 27, 2014
12:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Design by Amber of Shelf Notes
One of my favorite authors interactions is RT Teen Day party! It's a great event and I absolutely love getting to talk to them. They are all super nice and it's just so much fun. I actually just got back from my third Teen Day and I wrote a post about it here. The post also includes a giveaway where you can win books (some are signed) and swag!
More Than Just Words
Over the past year I have really become a huge fan of audiobooks. It started out as more of a convenience thing with my commute to work but now I have found that I tend to like more books that I listen to on audio than I do books I actually read. I'm not sure if I have just gotten a lot of really great audiobooks or if there is something more to it.
With audiobooks, narrators can make it or break it. A really great narrator does more than just read the words on the page. A great narrator brings the story to life. As I said earlier, I have read a lot of really great audiobooks recently and all of them have one thing in common: narrators that bring the story to life.
Here are a few of my favorite audiobooks:
The Sea of Tranquility by Katjy Millay
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Poison Princess/Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
Daughter of Smoke and Bone/Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
Shadow and Bone/Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Spellcaster/Steadfast by Claudia Gray
That list should get you started!! Hope you get a chance to check some of them out! Thanks for stopping by!
- ► 2015 (168)
- Armchair BEA: YA Literature (Day 5)
- Armchair BEA: Giveaway (Day 4)
- Armchair BEA: Author Interaction & More Than Just ...
- Armchair BEA: Introductions (Day One)
- Free to Fall Blog Tour: What's in my Purse and Rev...
- Black Bear Lake Blog Tour: Spotlight and Excerpt
- Audio Review: Maybe Someday
- RT Teen Day Wrap-Up and Giveaway
- Book Blast: The Art of Lainey
- Review: The Rules for Breaking
- That Awkward Thursday (23) Emotional Overload
- Waiting on Wednesday (47)
- Audio Review: The Lost Prince
- That Awkward Thursday (22) Mid-Series Cover Change...
- Cover Reveal: Empower: Fight Like a Girl
- Review: The Tyrant's Daughter
- Audio Review: Panic
- Cover Reveal: Whatever it Takes
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2013 (223)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.