Tuesday, May 14, 2013
12:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects (abuse, suicide, grief etc. or something personal hard for you)
P.S.- I broke them up into categories as best as I could but many of them are interchangeable.
1) The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
One of my favorite reads of last year. I highly recommend it.
2) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
This book gave me all the feels. I absolutely loved it.
3) Belted by C.J. Graves
I came across this book accidentally on amazon and it was a freebie. So I gave it a shot and I honestly didn't expect to like it but I enjoyed it.
4) A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer
An Absolutely Heartbreaking true story.
5) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6) Looking for Alaska by John Green
7) Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
I recently listened to the audio CDs (my first audio book) and it blew my mind away. I cried my eyes out but I probably wouldn't have loved it if I had read it instead. I recommend the audio, it makes all the difference.
8) Skinny by Ibi Kaslik
It's also a story about sibling rivalry, negligence, and death.
9) Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
10) Stolen by Lucy Christopher
A story (kind of) about Stockholm Syndrome.
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- Awaken Blog Tour: Author Interview & Giveaway
- Armchair BEA: Giveaway & Literary Fiction
- That Awkward Thursday (11) OBSESSED with the DEAD
- Armchair BEA: Blogger Development
- Armchair BEA: Introductions
- Review: Monument 14: Sky on Fire
- Classics Retold: King Arthur Intro
- The Rules for Disappearing Blog Tour: Review & Fav...
- That Awkward Thursday (10) DID WE READ THE SAME BO...
- Review: Golden
- Top Ten Tuesday (29)
- Audio Review: What Really Happened in Peru
- Review: Out of This Place
- Review: Of Triton
- That Awkward Thursday (9) When Blogging Takes Over...
- Waiting on Wednesday (30)
- Top Ten Tuesday (28)
- Review: Afloat
- That Awkward Thursday (8) I Must be a Witch
- Guest Post: Renee Ericson
- Review: If You Stay
- Author Interview: Kasie West
- Review: Graceling
- That Awkward Thursday (7) Crying Over Fictional Ch...
- Waiting on Wednesday (29)
- ▼ May (25)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.