Thursday, May 30, 2013
12:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
That awkward moment you realize you are obsessed with an old, dead man/woman...
Okay, so I'm sure many of you are thinking, What is wrong with Ashley? What had she been smoking when she came up with this topic! Ya know, I'm actually wondering the same thing myself as I'm writing this post. I mean this is seriously awkward topic. Okay, let's be real. This is a WEIRD topic! But hey I'm a little on the weird side so I'm going to rock this topic and you all fall in love with my weird old guy.
When I first came up with this topic, I was looking up all of these bookish quotes to use for my office. Upon searching for this I found some pretty awesome ones (which I will share shortly). Several of them were by no other than the brilliant Albert Einstein. Yes, I am quite aware that good ole' Al was in fact a scientist and not known for being a writer. However, he did have some of his worked published so he is a published author and let's be honest the man is a genius.
Well, imagine my delight when I find that he is/was a huge supporter of reading fairy tales to children! Awesome, no? He also believed imagination is very important. Now, I want to get some of his writing in audio format because let's be honest even though I've become somewhat obsessed with the guy it would be a lot easier to listen to his writing than actually reading it.
Here's a couple of my favorite quotes by Albert Einstein.
"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." - Albert Einstein
“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" - Albert Einstein
So, yes, I am in fact obsessed with an old, dead, slightly strange guy. Now, excuse me while I listen to The World as I See it....
While I doubt anyone else decided to post on this bizarre topic, you can leave your link in the comments and I'll check it out!!
Labels:That Awkward Thursday
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- Awaken Blog Tour: Author Interview & Giveaway
- Armchair BEA: Giveaway & Literary Fiction
- That Awkward Thursday (11) OBSESSED with the DEAD
- Armchair BEA: Blogger Development
- Armchair BEA: Introductions
- Review: Monument 14: Sky on Fire
- Classics Retold: King Arthur Intro
- The Rules for Disappearing Blog Tour: Review & Fav...
- That Awkward Thursday (10) DID WE READ THE SAME BO...
- Review: Golden
- Top Ten Tuesday (29)
- Audio Review: What Really Happened in Peru
- Review: Out of This Place
- Review: Of Triton
- That Awkward Thursday (9) When Blogging Takes Over...
- Waiting on Wednesday (30)
- Top Ten Tuesday (28)
- Review: Afloat
- That Awkward Thursday (8) I Must be a Witch
- Guest Post: Renee Ericson
- Review: If You Stay
- Author Interview: Kasie West
- Review: Graceling
- That Awkward Thursday (7) Crying Over Fictional Ch...
- Waiting on Wednesday (29)
- ▼ May (25)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.