Thursday, May 30, 2013
12:25 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Today is Giveaway Day with Armchair BEA! Yay! So today participants of Armchair BEA can enter to win the prize below! Unfortunately, this giveaway is U.S. Only! Good luck everyone!
U. S. Only Giveaway!
Signed copy of The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker
3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life.
Sherry and her family have lived sealed in a bunker in the garden since things went wrong up above. Her grandfather has been in the freezer for the last three months, her parents are at each other’s throats and two minutes ago they ran out of food.
Sherry and her father leave the safety of the bunker and find a devastated and empty LA, smashed to pieces by bombs and haunted by ‘Weepers’ - rabid humans infected with a weaponized rabies virus.
While searching for food in a supermarket, Sherry’s father disappears and Sherry is saved by Joshua, a boy-hunter. He takes her to Safe-haven, a tumble-down vineyard in the hills outside LA, where a handful of other survivors are picking up the pieces of their ‘other lives’. As she falls in love for the first time, Sherry must save her father, stay alive and keep Joshua safe when his desire for vengeance threatens them all.
Okay, I'm going to be honest and upfront and say that I really didn't have a clue what exactly literary fiction was. My best guess was that it was similar to classics but since there has already been a classics post I second guessed myself. After some research I think that it is a very similar type of books. That being said here's a couple of my favorite "Classic" Books.
FAVORITE QUOTE: “The fate of this man or that man was less than a drop, although it was a sparkling one, in the great blue motion of the sunlit sea.”
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
FAVORITE QUOTE: “There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense.”
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- Awaken Blog Tour: Author Interview & Giveaway
- Armchair BEA: Giveaway & Literary Fiction
- That Awkward Thursday (11) OBSESSED with the DEAD
- Armchair BEA: Blogger Development
- Armchair BEA: Introductions
- Review: Monument 14: Sky on Fire
- Classics Retold: King Arthur Intro
- The Rules for Disappearing Blog Tour: Review & Fav...
- That Awkward Thursday (10) DID WE READ THE SAME BO...
- Review: Golden
- Top Ten Tuesday (29)
- Audio Review: What Really Happened in Peru
- Review: Out of This Place
- Review: Of Triton
- That Awkward Thursday (9) When Blogging Takes Over...
- Waiting on Wednesday (30)
- Top Ten Tuesday (28)
- Review: Afloat
- That Awkward Thursday (8) I Must be a Witch
- Guest Post: Renee Ericson
- Review: If You Stay
- Author Interview: Kasie West
- Review: Graceling
- That Awkward Thursday (7) Crying Over Fictional Ch...
- Waiting on Wednesday (29)
- ▼ May (25)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.