Thursday, April 4, 2013
12:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
That awkward moment you realize your online friends "get you" better than your real friends...
Blogging is all about community. It’s about a group of people sharing a common interest and interacting with each other. Like I said it’s all about community.
Honestly, I never thought I would be able to find a group of people that really got me. The thing is most of my friends don’t read. I mean, sure, there are a couple that read here and there but they aren’t readers. They just don’t get what it is about books that I love so much! They aren’t passionate about books like I am. But you my online friend totally are! YOU get ME! And I love you for it.
However, it’s still a little awkward whenever I want to talk to my friends or co-workers about books. See as book lovers, we love to discuss books. We love our books and want others to love them too. But sometimes, no matter how hard we try our friends just don’t understand what the excitement is all about. They don’t understand how we can love these fictional characters. They don’t understand how these stories that aren’t true can change our lives. So whenever I mention it to them I get these awkward looks and I can see them judging me.
Still, despite the awkward looks, I sometimes continue because I read a book so amazing that I just can’t keep it in. So I tell them and they pretend to listen but I know they’re not and then whenever an opportunity presents itself to change the subject they jump on it.
Seriously, this is how my real friends look when I talk about books....
In contrast, here's how my online friends react whenever I mention books...
See the difference? Of course you do! Now, which one is better? Yeah, pretty much no comparison! You my dear online friend are infinitely better when it comes to getting me and my book addiction and for that I am so, so grateful!
Labels:That Awkward Thursday
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- Top Ten Tuesday (27)
- Musing Monday (1)
- Review: Life After Theft
- Audio Review: Clockwork Princess
- Review: The Eternity Cure
- That Awkward Thursday (6) What's with the cover?
- Review: Blood Awakening
- Waiting on Wednesday (28)
- Author Interview: Jamie Manning
- Top Ten Tuesday (26)
- Book Events: Past (Abbi Glines & Jamie Manning) & ...
- Review: Eleanor & Park
- Guest Post: Jeanie Parnell
- That Awkward Thursday (5) What kind of books did y...
- Audio Review: The Fault in Our Stars
- Signed Book Giveaway Hop
- No Alternative Blog Tour: Guest Post & Excerpt
- That Awkward Thursday (4) Break-ups are Awkward, E...
- Muskie Attack Blog Tour: Guest Post
- Audio Book Challenge Update
- Audio Review: The Red Pyramid
- Help Wanted: Reviewers
- Join the OBXer's!
- That Awkward Thursday (3) When your friends just d...
- Waiting on Wednesday (27)
- ▼ April (25)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.