Tuesday, January 1, 2013
2:24 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
It’s 2013! Man, oh, Man! I have a feeling great things are going to be happy in 2013 here on Wholly Books! I have several new ideas and some blogging New Year’s Resolutions!
BUT…First, I would like to take the time to thank each and every one of you that come to my blog and read thoughts and rambles about books! It truly is surreal to see that other people want to know what I think about books! So…THANK YOU! Please know that I LOVE YOU, OH, SO, VERY MUCH!! You are the best my friend!
Okay, now that we’ve got that mushy stuff out of the way it’s time to talk about plans for Wholly Books in 2013! I keep promising more entertainment and now I’m here to give you a little preview of what I have in mind.
New Things to Expect in 2013
1. I’m bringing back an old feature…but I’m adding a special twist to it. When I first started I had a feature entitled “Monday Pick-Me-Up”. Basically, what I would do is pick a quote or two that I found funny in a book I had been reading recently and post it on the blog. I always liked the feature but somehow it died out and I stopped doing it. Well in 2013, I’m bringing it back! Hopefully, beginning the first Monday in January (whatever day that happens to be) I will get Monday Pick-Me-Up back up and running. So what’s the twist, you might ask? Well, instead of simply posting the quotes I’m going to take it a step further and read/act out the quotes. Yes, yours truly will be reading and acting out the book for you just to (hopefully) give you an extra laugh and get you over the Monday Blues. Lord knows I suffer from it!
2. I am considering hosting a Chronicles of Narnia Reading Challenge. I’m not 100% of this yet but seeing as I have never read the series and really and truly want to, this is definitely something I would like to do. If this does come about I’m thinking it’ll be some time in the spring…er, maybe? Who knows?
3. ShipWrecked! Ahhhh, so I had this brilliant idea that was somewhat inspired by the YA Sisterhood’s Tournament of Crushes. (Basically, the Tournament of Crushes is where YA’s hottest guys battle it out until only one crush remains.) It’s a super fun thing they host but it got me thinking that maybe it would be fun to see which crushes would win if the battle was only between the guys in the same series. For example, who would win between Team Edward or Team Jacob? Team Jem or Team Will? Team Adrian or Team Dimitri? Who has the largest ship? This is something I really want to do but I’ll need some help for sure. Is this something you think people would/will be interested in? Or have I just lost it?
4. I am considering seeking out a blogging partner. I have a couple part time reviewers but I’m considering getting a full on partner. One that would help with the promoting and scheduling of posts. This is another idea I’m not 100% sold on but sometimes, okay a lot of times, I think I NEED help!
Blogging New Year’s Resolutions!
1. Don’t overload myself with review requests. Last year, I took on a few too many and wasn’t able to read a lot of the books I really wanted to! Plus, I was super stressed because of it. I will still be accepting requests. I’m just going to be cutting back.
2. Be more social! I will be the first to admit that I am TERRIBLE about not commenting on other people’s blogs and not tweeting or facebooking a whole lot. In 2013, I will do better! Also, please, please, please feel free to reach out to me on Twitter or Facebook! I am ALWAYS looking for more booklover/blogging friends!
3. Get better organized! I have to do better this year. I would really love to get ahead and stay ahead!
4. Very soon, I will be moving to a new house. YAY, house! This means that I am going to be going through all of my books and as much as I hate to I will be getting rid of some the books that it has become clear I am never going to read. Some I may try to trade but the rest I will be giving away here on the blog so stay tuned!
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- This, That or Thought Thursday (14)
- Coming Soon: House Rules
- Review: Willow
- Young Adult Giveaway Hop
- Pride and Prejudice 200th Anniversary Party Hop
- Review: Insurgent
- This, That or Thought Thursday (13)
- Waiting on Wednesday (24)
- Audio Review: Divergent
- This, That or Thought Thursday (12)
- Waiting on Wednesday (23)
- Author Interview: Liz Fichera
- Review: Hooked
- Review: The Archived
- Kindle Fire HD Giveaway
- This, That or Thought Thursday (11)
- Guest Post: Heidi Acosta
- Top Ten Tuesday (22)
- Young Adult Faeries & Fantasy Hop
- Promo: Untimed by Andy Gavin
- Review: Luminaire
- This, That or Thought Thursday (10)
- Happy New Year: Plans for 2013!
- ▼ January (24)
- ► 2012 (204)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.