Tuesday, December 4, 2012
1:05 PM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Author: Maureen Johnson
I was originally planning to review Let it Snow as a whole book. However, since I’m not quite finished with the whole book I’m going to do a three part review and review each story separately.
The first story in the series is The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson. This is the first taste of Maureen Johnson’s writing that I have had and boy was it delicious! The writing style was easy to read and incredibly funny. I loved the analogies she used and the basis for the whole story. It was just too funny!
I loved Jubilee! From the very first page she had me completely won over! Jubilee narrated the story in a way that made it impossible for you to not fall in love with her! She was a real and relatable character that I think that all readers will be able to relate to.
I knew from the get go that Noah was trouble. This is the second Noah I have read that turned out to be in Stuart’s words, “a complete asshat.” Couldn’t have said it better myself Stuart! (Side note: The first Noah can be found in 10 Things We Did and Probably Shouldn’t Have, great book also). I am seriously beginning to think that all Noahs are bad news! As much as I disliked Noah, I loved Stuart! He was so adorable! He was understanding and had a heart of gold!
This story is a quick read. I think it’s right at 120 pages. I don’t have the book in front of me but I think that’s right. The Jubilee Express gets Let it Snow off to fabulous start and I can’t wait to read the next story in the series by John Green. From what I understand they all tie together so it will definitely be fun to see how!
The Jubilee Express is a must read for readers looking for a fun Christmas story that will have you laughing until your sides hurt! As I said this was my first taste of Maureen Johnson’s writing but it definitely will not be my last!
As part of the festivities, WinterHaven Books is hosting an international give-away that will include a copy of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Signed by Levithan and Cohn) and a copy of Let it Snow to four lucky winners. Good luck and happy holidays!a Rafflecopter giveaway
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- ► 2013 (223)
- End of Year Wrap-Up
- 2013 Reading Challenges
- Review: Taking Chances
- Guest Post: Faith McKay
- This, That or Thought Thursday (9)
- Review: Reaping me Softly
- Holiday Mini Review: Under the Mistletoe
- Review: The Farm & Giveaway
- Guest Post: Digital Publishing: The Grinch Who Sto...
- This, That or Thought Thursday (8)
- Waiting on Wednesday (22)
- WinterHaven Sleigh Tour: Magic of Christmas plus G...
- Words for Hope Going on NOW!
- Guest Post & Giveaway: E. B. Black
- Review: Splintered
- Review: Let it Snow Part 2- A Cheertastic Christma...
- This, That or Thought Thursday
- Review: Sheltered
- Winterhaven Sleigh Tour: Letter to Santa
- Thomas Amo Interview & Giveaway
- Blog Tour: Vine: An Urban Legend
- Holiday Readathon
- This, That or Thought Thursday (6)
- Review: Let it Snow Part 1- The Jubilee Express
- Buy a Book, Help an Animal!!
- Review: The Mark of Athena
- ▼ December (26)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.