Sunday, December 30, 2012
5:54 PM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Just wanted to let you all know what challenges I'm going to be participating in this year so you can join if you want! You can click the icons to go to the sign up pages for each.
My TBR pile has gotten completely and insanely OUT OF CONTROL! Yes, I am one of those people that purchase books at such a rate it is completely impossible to read them all! That is why I thought the 2013 TBR Reading Challenge would be a great idea.
Since there is a rule that you can move up but not down I thought I would start my goal somewhat low and then move up if need be. So I'm starting off at the "Friendly Handshake" level which means I will read between 11-20 books off of my TBR pile.
As I said earlier, my TBR is out of control so here's just a starting point for books I'm hoping to get caught up on.
The Lost Prince
The Lost Saint
The Savage Grace
Something Strange and Deadly Comes
The Glass Throne
Okay, I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot but that's what I came up with off the top of my head. I'm pretty confident I can at least get to 11. I guess we'll see! :)
Last year, I got into audiobooks. I listened to two and absolutely loved them. They were Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Cinder. I highly recommend both if you are looking for audiobooks.
This year, I'm going to try to listen to more because I'm on the road a lot with my job and I figure audiobooks are a great way to get some more reading done at times when I can't actually be reading.
So with this challenge I am aiming for the "Tickle me Audio" level. This means that I am going to try to listen to between 10-15 audiobooks.
Right now, I have 3 audiobooks wanting to be listened to and I'll add more as the year goes on. Here's the start of my list.
Also, I will be doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge again this year. Last year, I set a goal for 100 and only made it to 79 so I think I'll lower my goal a little this year but I'm still undecided on what my goal will be.
So what Reading Challenges are you participating in? Maybe I'll join a another challenge! :)
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- ► 2013 (223)
- End of Year Wrap-Up
- 2013 Reading Challenges
- Review: Taking Chances
- Guest Post: Faith McKay
- This, That or Thought Thursday (9)
- Review: Reaping me Softly
- Holiday Mini Review: Under the Mistletoe
- Review: The Farm & Giveaway
- Guest Post: Digital Publishing: The Grinch Who Sto...
- This, That or Thought Thursday (8)
- Waiting on Wednesday (22)
- WinterHaven Sleigh Tour: Magic of Christmas plus G...
- Words for Hope Going on NOW!
- Guest Post & Giveaway: E. B. Black
- Review: Splintered
- Review: Let it Snow Part 2- A Cheertastic Christma...
- This, That or Thought Thursday
- Review: Sheltered
- Winterhaven Sleigh Tour: Letter to Santa
- Thomas Amo Interview & Giveaway
- Blog Tour: Vine: An Urban Legend
- Holiday Readathon
- This, That or Thought Thursday (6)
- Review: Let it Snow Part 1- The Jubilee Express
- Buy a Book, Help an Animal!!
- Review: The Mark of Athena
- ▼ December (26)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.