Thursday, November 22, 2012
12:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Welcome to This, That, or Thought Thursdays hosted by yours truly! Feel free to join in the fun by posting your thoughts about the topic on your blog and leaving a link in the comments or as always feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts.
This Week’s Question: What are your thoughts on things being changed in the movies?
I’m human so yes it does sometimes bother me when things are changed in movies. But the more I read and the more I see the books I love turned into movies, the more I understand that things have to be changed because movies are not books. Movies have different rules and regulations. You can’t make a 5 hour long movie because there’s not a budget big enough for that plus I don’t know many people that would sit and watch a movie that was 5 hours long. So yes, things have to be changed.
Movies have to consider ratings and their target audience. With YA novel/movies, the director has to aware of what can be shown onscreen and what can’t. If you get too risqué then your target audience isn’t even going to be able to get in the doors.
Basically, as long as the main idea of the story is the same I’m okay with it. I’ve learned when it comes to book to movie adaptations you have let the small changes go!
Okay, another week of This, That or Thought Thursday is in the books! Hope you come back next week!
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- ► 2013 (223)
- This, That or Thought Thursday (5)
- Top Ten Tuesday (22)
- Dreaming of Summer Giveaway Hop
- Review: Meant to Be
- This, That or Thought Thursday (4)
- The End of an Era: Twilight-Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Remnants of Life: Legends of Darkness Blog Tour
- Book Excerpt: Sheltered by Debra Chapoton
- Guest Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- This, That or Thought Thursday (3)
- Winning the City Blog Tour: Excerpt Part 2
- Winning the City Blog Tour: Excerpt Part 1
- Review: Time Between Us
- This, That or Thought Thursday (2)
- Waiting on Wednesday (21)
- Top Ten Tuesday (21)
- Review: Starling
- Review: Objection to Perfection
- This, That or Thought Thursday (1)
- ▼ November (19)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.