Thursday, November 1, 2012
12:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Welcome to the very first edition of This, That or Thought Thursdays! I am super excited about this feature and I hope you all enjoy it! Feel free to join in the fun by posting your thoughts about the topic on your blog and leaving a link in the comments or as always feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts.
This Week’s Question: Do you typically like the book or movie better?
It depends. 99% of the time I prefer the book to the movie. However, I have found that if I watch the movie before I read the book I like the movie better than I would have if I read the book. I still like the book version better. I just don’t dislike the movie as much.
I feel that the book allows a lot more personal creativity. A lot of times I don’t pay much attention to the characters description in the books when it comes to looks. Instead, I picture them the way I want them to look. This is where my problem with movies usually comes into play. The movie may cast someone that looks very similar to the book’s description but looks nothing like my personal image of that character.
Example: Peeta and Gale in The Hunger Games. Honestly, I have no idea how Suzanne Collins describes what Peeta and Gale look like in The Hunger Games. However, in my head the people I thought book Peeta looked a lot more like movie Gale and book Gale looked a lot more like movie Peeta. Well, that’s not exactly true. I think it’s more that I pictured Peeta to be the hotter guy and in the movie I thought Gale was the hotter guy. (No offense Josh Hutcherson). I guess the point is that I let a character’s personality dictates how hot I think they are. Hopefully, that made sense…
So there ya go! There’s my long, probably not so clear answer.
Short answer: Books > Movies
Hope you enjoyed it! Be sure to come back next week where I’ll be discussing whether I buy movie version cover for books.
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- ► 2013 (223)
- This, That or Thought Thursday (5)
- Top Ten Tuesday (22)
- Dreaming of Summer Giveaway Hop
- Review: Meant to Be
- This, That or Thought Thursday (4)
- The End of an Era: Twilight-Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Remnants of Life: Legends of Darkness Blog Tour
- Book Excerpt: Sheltered by Debra Chapoton
- Guest Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- This, That or Thought Thursday (3)
- Winning the City Blog Tour: Excerpt Part 2
- Winning the City Blog Tour: Excerpt Part 1
- Review: Time Between Us
- This, That or Thought Thursday (2)
- Waiting on Wednesday (21)
- Top Ten Tuesday (21)
- Review: Starling
- Review: Objection to Perfection
- This, That or Thought Thursday (1)
- ▼ November (19)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.