Friday, November 16, 2012
8:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Title: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Author: Stephen Chbosky
Release Date: Feburary 1, 1999
Standing on the fringes of life... offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor.
Since its publication, Stephen Chbosky's haunting novel about the dilemma of passivity vs. passion has received critical acclaim, provoked discussion and debate, and grown into a cult sensation with over one million copies in print.
It is the story of what it's like to grow up in high school. More intimate than a diary, Charlie's letters are singular and unique, hilarious and devastating. We may not know where he lives. We may not know to whom he is writing. All we know is the world he shares. Caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it puts him on a strange course through uncharted territory. The world of first dates, family dramas, and new friends. The world of sex, drugs, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, where all you need is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite.
Through Charlie, Chbosky has created a deeply affecting novel that will spirit you back to those wild and poignant roller coaster days known as growing up.
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- ► 2013 (223)
- This, That or Thought Thursday (5)
- Top Ten Tuesday (22)
- Dreaming of Summer Giveaway Hop
- Review: Meant to Be
- This, That or Thought Thursday (4)
- The End of an Era: Twilight-Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Remnants of Life: Legends of Darkness Blog Tour
- Book Excerpt: Sheltered by Debra Chapoton
- Guest Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- This, That or Thought Thursday (3)
- Winning the City Blog Tour: Excerpt Part 2
- Winning the City Blog Tour: Excerpt Part 1
- Review: Time Between Us
- This, That or Thought Thursday (2)
- Waiting on Wednesday (21)
- Top Ten Tuesday (21)
- Review: Starling
- Review: Objection to Perfection
- This, That or Thought Thursday (1)
- ▼ November (19)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.