Tuesday, September 11, 2012
12:00 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
Top Ten Books that made me Think!
1. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver – While this book wasn’t my favorite book by Oliver (mainly because the MC is so unlikable for most of the book) it still definitely made me think!
2. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson – This book really helped me deal with some issues I had with losing a loved one. It’s a beautiful story!
3. If I Stay by Gayle Forman – Wow! Talk about giving you something to think about! It raises the tough question of if you lost almost your entire family would you choose to stay or go? And makes you answer, what will it mean if I choose to stay?
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – I loved this book! I don’t want to give much away but basically it raises the question: Would you be able to forgive the one you loved if they did something truly unforgiveable, even if they did it for all the right reasons?
5. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa – If you had to choose between becoming the thing you hate most in the world or death, which do you choose? This book made me answer that question. It definitely wasn’t easy.
6. Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr – This was one of my favorite books by Melissa Marr. It made me question if I would be strong enough to leave behind the one I loved because I couldn’t allow myself to become the person I would have to be to survive in that world. (Pretty sure that’s a run on sentence that didn’t make sense but maybe it did?)
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – Okay, this one is totally a no brainer. Of course this book made you think!
8. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa – I loved Meghan in this book. Her decision at the end had me questioning whether I would be strong enough to make the same decision that she did. It’s a great story about being forced to accept your destiny.
9. Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling – A great series about doing what is right even if it’s not the easy way out.
10. All the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan – Another great series dealing with doing what’s right even when it’s difficult and the odds aren’t in your favor!
There you have it folks! There’s my top 10! Leave a link to yours and I’ll be sure to check it out! Thanks for stopping by!
Labels:Top Ten Tuesday
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- ► 2013 (223)
- Audio Review: Daughter of Smoke and Bone
- Cover Reveal: Release by M. R. Merrick
- Review: These Things Hidden
- Review: Seduction and Snacks
- Top Ten Tuesday (19)
- Cover Reveal: Losing It
- Review: The Last Princess
- Review: Foolish Games
- Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop
- Update: Rick Riordan Alabama Tour Stop
- Waiting on Wednesday (17)
- Top Ten Tuesday (18)
- Rick Riordan Mark of Athena Tour
- Review: Lengths
- Important Info & Changes!!
- Feature & Follow (1)
- Review: All Things Different
- Waiting on Wednesday (16)
- Top Ten Tuesday (17)
- Review: Hidden
- ▼ September (20)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.