Tuesday, May 29, 2012
9:52 AM | Posted by Ashley G. |
Top Ten Books Written In The Past 10 Years That I Hope People Are Still Reading In 30 Years
Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan- These books are great MG books that I would recommend to middle school age kids, especially boys. I know there’s a lot of MG/YA that doesn’t necessarily appeal to boys but this series definitely does.
2. The Lost Hero series by Rick Riordan- I LOVE this series, even more than the original Percy Jackson series. Again, it’s great for middle school age kids but I also think this one appeals to an older audience.
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- One of my favorite series of all time. There is so much to be learned from these books. I hope people are reading these a million years from now.
4. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead- This is a great and entertaining series. The characters Mead creates are ones that you can't help but love.
5. Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr- Excellent series that deals with making tough choices and learning to live with the consequences of those decisions.
6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman- Heartbreaking, but so many lessons that can be learned.
7. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa- Great series dealing with your destiny and becoming the person you are meant to be.
8. Anything by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments & The Infernal Devices)- Clare is an excellent storyteller. I’m sure people will be reading her books for years to come.
9. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson- Another heartbreaking story with many lessons to be learned.
10. Delirium/Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver- Great story about survival and standing up for what is right.
Which books made your top 10?
Labels:Top Ten Tuesday
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (172)
- ► 2013 (223)
- Review: Such a Rush
- Waiting on Wednesday (5)
- Top Ten Tuesday (5)
- First Annual Chicagoland Vampires Spring Fling
- Waiting on Wednesday (4)
- Review: Until I Die
- Review: If I Die
- Rant: Grey's Anatomy Season Finale
- Waiting on Wednesday (3)
- Top 10 Tuesday (4)
- My Soul to Steal- Review
- Die for Me- Review
- Waiting on Wednesday (2)
- Top Ten Tuesday (3)
- Monday Pick-Me-Up
- My Soul to Keep-Review
- Top Ten Tuesday (2)
- ▼ May (17)
My Rating System
Powered by Blogger.